Dealing Effectively with Difficult People, Situations and Co
A One Day Workshop
Difficult people and situations can be managed. When they are not managed effectively, the outcome can be damaging and costly. This highly participative Workshop gives an insight into why people are difficult and an opportunity to practise proven techniques that can be used to confront and reduce conflict. Delegates will acquire the ability to give criticism and win co-operation rather than resentment. They will learn how best to respond to complaints from staff or customers. The emphasis is on finding practical ways to solve problems. A number of exercises will be used during the Workshop to help improve confidence and resilience in the face of adversity.
Who Should Attend
Anyone facing problems with difficult team members, customers, suppliers or managers; those seeking to become better communicators.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
By the end of the Workshop, participants will be able to:
• Understand the reasons for difficult behaviour and the effect it has on others
• Recognise the characteristics of awkward people
• Choose and develop skills to de-escalate difficult situations
• Use communication techniques more effectively so as to stay in control
• Deal more effectively with difficult situations and difficult people
• Stand up for themselves
• Difficult People: Who are they? Types of Difficult People and Behaviour; Why are they Difficult?
• Responses to Difficult People: How to Stay Calm; Changing Behaviour; Different Personality Types
• Techniques to Win Co-operation: Using your Body Language; Words to De-Escalate; Giving and Receiving Feedback in a Constructive Manner; Respond with Confidence and Composure
• Using Confrontation Positively: Achieve Your Goals and Help Others Grow; Avoid being Manipulated; Handle Personal Attacks and Aggression
• Exercises: Role-Play situations appropriate to Delegate Needs
This Training Course is taught in classrooms in the following locations:
Guide Price: £349 + VAT
Other Dealing with Difficult People courses
|Category:||Dealing with Difficult People|