Learn to manage poultry, on a small or large scale, for production of eggs, meat or young birds. This course covers all aspects of poultry care and management including: Terminology, Breeds , Nutrition, Diseases In Poultry, Layers, Broilers, Incubation, Brooding, Record Keeping, Economics & Marketing; and is relevant to free range or other forms of production.
There are eight lessons as follows:
1: INTRODUCTION : terminology, pure breeds, cross breeds, brooders, commercial farming options.
2: NUTRITION : digestive tract, nutrient sources, rationing for poultry.
3: DISEASES IN POULTRY : viral, bacterial, mycoplasmosis, fungal, protozoan, non infectious, parasites
4. LAYERS : extensive, semi intensive and intensive systems, housing, feeding the layer.
5. BROILERS : the brooding period, feeding boilers, housing, hygeine and health
6. INCUBATION : natural, artificial, managing the incubator, reasons for poor hatchability.
7. BROODING : heating, feeders, drinkers, floor space, rearing.
8. RECORD-KEEPING, ECONOMICS & MARKETING : records, growth records, egg production records, costing a small scale operation, marketing
Course Duration: 100 hours
Guide Price: poa
|Category:||Horticulture Agriculture & Animal Care|