City & Guilds 2372 Training Course (Level 2) - Installing and Testing Domestic Photovoltaic Systems
It is expected that candidates will be practicing electricians and have appropriate qualifications related to electrical installation such as an NVQ at level 3, knowledge of the IEE Wiring Regulations and inspection and testing. They will need to be employed within the electrical contracting industry.
The award is designed to offer specific skills and knowledge to electricians to ensure they are conversant with Regulations and Code of Practice related to PV systems. The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) supports the recognition of qualified personnel within this initiative and sees PV systems as an essential part of Government energy policy.
Syllabus Unit 1 Knowledge of Solar Photovoltaic Systems
* Basic Background on Solar Photovoltaics
* Customer Care
* Standards, Regulations, Guidelines, Codes of Practice
* Health and Safety
* Types of Solar Photovoltaic systems & Components
* Factors affecting efficiencies
* Installation of Ladder Staging Systems
* Access procedures including lifting of solar PV panels.
* Solar PV Mounting including the installation of different types of bracketry. (Practical training)
* Solar PV installation procedures
* Basic electrical safety at Work
* Open circuit voltage testing
* Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
Syllabus Unit 2 Practical Applications
The candidate will be able to under real or simulated conditions install and commission a basic grid connected PV system. Details of the tests are contained within the Assessment Materials.
Guide Price: Please contact for quote