NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Working with People with Mental Health Issues
The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Working with People with Mental Health Issues is designed for post-18
learners working in healthcare-related settings within the public, private or voluntary and community sectors.
The qualification aims to equip learners with an understanding of mental health and mental illness and related legislation The course also provides knowledge and awareness of the processes and approaches involved in the care and management of those who experience mental health issues.
The course also provides underpinning knowledge of support and the roles of others in the change process that people experiencing mental health issues may need. The qualification could contribute towards aspects of the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework in relation to the following Dimensions:
- Core 1 Communication
- Core 2 Personal and people development
- Core 6 Equality and diversity
- HWB1 Promotion of health and wellbeing and prevention of adverse effects on health and wellbeing.
- HWB2 Assessment and care planning to meet health and wellbeing needs
- HWB4 Enablement to address health and wellbeing needs
In order to gain the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Working with People with Mental Health Issues you will need to complete a portfolio on the following mandatory units.Learners must successfully complete all 3 mandatory units plus one of the optional units.
- Unit 01 Mental health and mental health issues
- Unit 02 Approaches to care and management in mental health
- Unit 03 Change and support in relation to mental health
One of the following optional units:
- Unit 04 Aspects of care and management of an adult with mental health issues
- Unit 05 Aspects of care and management of a child with mental health issues
Guide Price: 210
|Category:||Nursing & Care|