Managing in a Matrix
This workshop is a practical investigation into the skills and behaviours that are needed by Managers who work in organisations that have moved to a Matrix structure or are planning to.
Time is given to practising the skills in the 7 capability areas that are needed to operate effectively. These skills are very different from those needed to operate effectively in a hierarchy.
Delegates leave with clarity on what is needed, enhanced skills to make it happen and a personalised development plan for them to implement post workshop.
Measurement as to the effectiveness of the training can be achieved through the use of the on line diagnostic pre and post workshop.
The content of the two day ‘Managing in a Matrix’ workshops includes...
• Experiential simulations highlighting the ‘real’ differences between working in ‘Traditional’ compared to ‘Matrix’ structures
• An appreciation of the 7 Key Capability Areas critical for effective matrix working
• An understanding of how to identify and influence key stakeholders without the use of formal authority using the Matrix LEAD Influencer BTI™ instrument
• A recognition of the Power Sources that work in a Matrix and how they can be developed
• The ability to assess and handle inter-personal and inter-stakeholder Conflict before it is allowed to escalate and damages key stakeholder relationships
• An awareness of how to navigate the political landscape of the organisation and develop political influencing ability using the Political Intelligence Profile™ instrument
• Practice using a feedback tool designed to positively influence stakeholder behaviour
• A personalised ‘matrix specific’ Development Plan based on the unique Matrix and Complex Environment™ diagnostic which is completed ‘on-line’ prior to the workshop
Guide Price: £400 per delegate
Other Management Training courses