Ubuntu Certified Professional - 5 days - UK
This five day, hands-on Ubuntu Certified Professional course will provide you with the skills you need to deploy and configure Ubuntu desktops and server within the office. It introduces you to the basic skills required of Ubuntu System Administrators.
EXAMS & CERTIFICATION
In order to become an Ubuntu Certified Professional, students must successfully complete the LPI101, 102 and Ubuntu 199 exams.
These can be written in any order and students do not have to register for a course in order to sit any of the exams. A candidate already holding a valid LPI level 1 certification will only be required to pass the Ubuntu 199 exam.
The Ubuntu Certified Professional Certification exam, Ubuntu 199, (as well the prerequisite LPI exams) are available at all Thomson Prometric and Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide. Students will need to register and obtain an LPI ID before taking the Ubuntu or LPI exams for the first time.
Here are the detailed exam objectives.
Please take note of the following Ubuntu exam retake policy:
* Anyone taking the Ubuntu 199 exam for the first time must wait at least one week before re-taking.
* Anyone who takes the Ubuntu 199 exam a second (and subsequent) time must wait at least 90 days before re-taking.
* Anyone who passes the Ubuntu exam may not retake that exam for at least two years.
LEARN HOW TO:
* Install and configure Ubuntu systems
* Perform routine administration tasks; manager user accounts and file systems, and maintain system security
* Configure network connectivity and key network services
* Work productively at the Linux command line
Community & Support
* Technical Board
* Paid & free support options
Installation & Configuration
* Ubuntu versions
* Release cycles
* Package management
* Mail Servers
o Firewall- port configuration
* File servers
o File transfer
o Permissions and groups
* User accounts & privileges
* Removable hardware
* Gnome customisation
* tar, zip
* ssh keys
* cron, anacron
* Print queue
* Desktop (samba)
This Training Course is taught in classrooms in the following locations:
Guide Price: On request (refer to website)