A one day workshop investigating and developing the skills required to Negotiate more effectively.
Businesses today are always looking for way to improve their bottom line and individuals looking to save money. An extremely effective way of achieving this is having the ability to Negotiate effectively.
Negotiation is fast becoming one of the most needed management skills of today’s businesses, and done effectively can save business £1000's through effective contract negotiations, negotiating with suppliers or negotiating with peers or colleagues.
The idea behind Negotiation is coming to an agreement with another person or a group of people to come to a solution that is suitable for both people. Doing this off the cuff can be difficult, preparation is a must and having a process or methodology to follow will also help.
This course looks at the skills, behaviours and tactics necessary to get to this win win situation.
We'll look at
· What is Negotiation?
· Why Negotiate
· Applying a methodology to Negotiation
· Preparing to Negotiate
· Carrying out the negotiation
· Dealing with set backs
· Using these skills to manage conflict
By the end of the session you will:
Demonstrate an increased understanding and awareness what negotiation is
Identify through group and individual activities the skills knowledge and understanding necessary to be an effective negotiator whilst developing your own negotiating skills
Develop general strategies for Successful Negotiation
Produce win-win resolutions for all parties
Identify your own negotiation style and it's potential strengths and weaknesses
What is Negotiation?
· An introduction to what negotiation is and the different types of negotiation.
Preparing to Negotiate
· What to do before you go into a negotiation
· Determining your walk away point
· Understanding the best approach for the people you will be negotiating with
Making Your Proposal
· How to structure your proposal to ensure you sell the benefits
· How to counter proposals from the other party
· Body language and tone of voice when negotiating
· Getting to an agreement that satisfies both parties
· Being assertive during the process
· What to consider when making concessions on your part to get an agreement
· How to counteract arguments
· How to get to a closing point
· How to close the negotiation and ensure the relationship stays in tact
· How to walk away
Being a Mediator
· Using the learning from the session to deal with conflict and act as a mediator
This Training Course is taught in classrooms in the following locations:
Guide Price: £199.00 + VAT per person - In House £750 + VAT