MCITP Database Administrator
Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP: Database Administrator) is the premier certification for database server administrators. This certification demonstrates that you can keep up with your enterprise business solutions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As an IT Pro in database administration you can:
Design and deploy a multi-server SQL Server infrastructure
Administer and monitor multiple instances of SQL Server centrally
Design and implement security policy, including authentication, auditing and encryption
Design and implement recoverability and high availability strategies on SQL Server 2005
Administer, Maintain and Optimise Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Our Microsoft SQL 2005 Server Database Administrator Program
Allows you to become an expert in Microsoft SQL Sever 2005 in less time than 'traditional training' while exposing each student to real-world, hands-on virtual team website enabling information sharing between project team departments
Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system
Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory
Interested? See our pricing here
Microsoft - MCITP Database Administrator - Benefits
So what makes SQL Server 2005 compelling? The following short list highlights some of its enhanced and new features. Several of these features should make a compelling case to upgrade your SQL Server environment.
- T-SQL enhancements
- Performance improvements
- Backup enhancements
- Online-maintenance operations
- Business-intelligence enhancements
- Management-GUI enhancements
- Security enhancements
- Increased memory usage with
- Standard Edition
- XML enhancements
- SSIS enhancements (formerly DTS)
- Better e-mail handling
- 64-bit support
- Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- Service Broker
- New product versions
- High-availability features
- Data encryption
- Database Tuning Advisor
- Dedicated administrator connection
So now that you have decided to upgrade to or deploy SQL Server 2005 - why educate?
As SQL Server continues to mature, more and more features are added to the base product. This is both good and bad. The plus side is that you get more than just a database engine. The down side is that you have a lot more to learn. The days of being of being an expert on every aspect of SQL Server are over -- but this doesn't mean that you can't still use these new features. If you are only using the product's base functionality you are missing out on a wealth of functions. Case in point: Analysis Services, SQL Server's business analysis tools. This product has been available for several years and most people that use SQL Server have never taken advantage or know little about it.
What are the benefits of certification?
For IT managers, certification is particularly important because it allows them to more easily identify the skills that an individual possesses. When a company has employees that possess certain skills, it can garner a competitive advantage when seeking to attract customers. Certification can also contribute to increased productivity, because studies have shown that certified individuals are generally quicker to implement and design new technologies. And of course by knowing that their employees are certified, IT managers can feel more confident about their ability to implement and support a network infrastructure.
- Overwhelmingly, individuals with Microsoft certifications have an advanced level of knowledge, expertise and skill, and command more professional credibility
- The Certified IT Pro in Database Administration certification is recognised as a particularly elite indication of an database administrator's prowess and skill level, and these professionals are highly sought by employers
- Individual students may receive college credits to utilise tuition reimbursement programs for their IT training or to complete college coursework
- Employer-funded training and certification programs are a key to retaining skilled IT staff. Career development and advancement opportunities are shown to significantly reduce rates of employee turnover
- Certification Training Programs provide benchmarks for hiring and promotion decisions by accurately assessing technical skills
- For-certification training programs maximize educational investments through immediate validation of skills
Our approach is highly varied and interactive to keep your attention, promote teamwork, and reinforce knowledge gained through hands-on learning.
Be Immersed into a distraction-free environment - escaping your normal routine and focusing purely on learning.
Experience Accelerated Learning methods – designed to help you learn much more quickly, spend less time out of the office, and see returns from your investment straight away.
Be Measured through on-site exam testing - creating a complete feedback loop that ensures you understand the subject thoroughly.
With Firebrand Training, you will learn more.
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes. Firebrand Training provides a guarantee of obtaining certification at the camp, but does not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification.
Microsoft - MCITP Database Administrator - Curriculum
Firebrand Training has an aggressive educational schedule that thoroughly covers all essential elements necessary to become skilled as an SQL Server 2005 professional.
- Module 1: Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
- Designing Security for a Database Server Solution
- Designing a Physical Database
- Designing a Database Solution for High Availability
- Designing a Data Recovery Solution for a Database
- Designing a Strategy for Data Archiving
- Exam 70-443
- Optimizing the Performance of Database Servers and Databases
- Optimizing and Implementing a Data Recovery Plan for a Database
- Designing a Strategy to Monitor and Maintain a Database Solution
- Designing a Database Data Management Strategy
- Designing a Strategy to Manage and Maintain Database Security
- Exam 70-444
Microsoft - MCITP Database Administrator - Exam Track
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist on SQL Server 2005 candidates are required to pass Exams 70-443, 70-444.
Skills Being Measured
- Designing a Database Server Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Exam 70-443)
- Optimising and Maintaining a Database Administration Solution by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Exam 70-444)
Microsoft - MCITP Database Administrator - What's Included
With Firebrand, you benefit from top-quality education in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so you can focus solely on your studies and certification goals.
You’ll get a robust set of course materials that cater to each of our three key individual learning styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactile) - critical for a successful learning experience.
And there's more. Along with daily lectures, exercises, and review sessions, you’ll also get:
Our Certification Programs include*
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive study materials and courseware - we adapt official curriculum to address the demands of accelerated learners
- Self-testing software and/or mock exam papers
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Exam vouchers
- On site testing
- Accommodation, all meals, drinks and snacks
- Our Certification Guarantee - because we're sure you'll pass first time, if don’t pass your exams, come back to the course within a year and you only pay for accommodation and exam vouchers - everything else is free
* Please note:
- Our ISC(2) Cissp CBK Review program differs from normal course delivery. For more details, speak to us on 080 80 800 888.
- Exam vouchers for our (ISC)2 certifications need to be purchased directly from (ISC)2
- On site testing is not included in our Scrum, ISACA or PMI certifications
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
Microsoft - MCITP Database Administrator - Prerequisites
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites:
- MCTS SQL05 (Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist: SQL Server 2005)
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.