Dynamics AX 2009 Trade & Logistics
Our 7 day accelerated Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Trade & Logistics certification course provides IT professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to managed the Trade & Logistics and BOM modules of Dynamics AX 2009.
The intended audience includes customers wanting to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Trade & Logistics functionality. The class is intended for sales and purchase managers, salespeople, purchasers, and other people in organisations responsible for the setup and administration of trade and logistics and inventory management functionality.
Interested? See our pricing here
Microsoft - Dynamics AX 2009 Trade & Logistics - Benefits
After completion of our 7 day Trade & Logistics program you will be able to:
- Create Purchase and Sales orders
- Create and manage inventory and inventory dimensions
- Post Purchase and Sales transactions
- Assign and manage serial and batch numbers
- Allow for over/under delivery of goods
- Assign miscellaneous charges
- Set up and manage quarantine management functionality
- Recognise the pick process
- Register serialised and batch inventory
- Reverse and split a pick
- Edit Item dimensions during picking
- Create Vendor returns, Return actions, and Manage Customer returns
- Manually reserve inventory
- Set up automatic and explosion inventory reservation
- Query, cancel, or change a reservation
- Set up, activate, and modify Customer and Vendor trade agreements
- Understand Customer and Vendor Price/Discount groups
- Set up and use Supplementary items
- Create and accept request for quote
- Record and compare request for quote replies
- Create and process a purchase requisition
- Perform the necessary setups for purchase requisitions
- Define user groups and set up security rights for a purchase requisition
- Set up the purchase requisition workflow
- Define setup information for sales quotation
- Work with sales quotation
- Define various sales quotation functions
- Set up quality control
- Use quality orders
- Set up quality management
- Understand non conformances
- Create setup for transfer orders
- Create a transfer order
- Pick items before transfer between warehouses
- Transfer items between warehouses
- Set up the elements of a commission agreement
- View commission transactions from a financially updated sales order
- View the resulting commission transactions created from item returns
- Create and process a Profit/Loss and inventory movement journal
- Create and process a transfer journal
- Create and process a Bill of Materials (BOM) journal
Our approach is highly varied and interactive to keep your attention, promote teamwork, and reinforce knowledge gained through hands-on learning.
Be Immersed into a distraction-free environment - escaping your normal routine and focusing purely on learning.
Experience Accelerated Learning methods – designed to help you learn much more quickly, spend less time out of the office, and see returns from your investment straight away.
Be Measured through on-site exam testing - creating a complete feedback loop that ensures you understand the subject thoroughly.
With Firebrand Training, you will learn more.
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes. Firebrand Training provides a guarantee of obtaining certification at the camp, but does not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification.
Microsoft - Dynamics AX 2009 Trade & Logistics - Curriculum
Our accelerated Dynamics AX 2009 certification course will teach you in the following topics:
Trade & Logistics Part 1
- Introduction to Trade and Logistics
- Purchase Orders and Purchase Order Posting
- Serial and Batch Numbers
- Item Arrival and Registration
- Quarantine Management
- Vendor Returns
- Sales Orders and Sales Order Posting
- Sales Order Picking
- Customer Returns
- Over/Under Delivery and Miscellaneous Charges
Trade & Logistics Part 2
- Customer and Vendor Trade Agreements
- Inventory Journals
- Inventory Reporting and Statistics
- Purchase Requisitions
- Quality Management
- Request for Quote
- Sales Quotations
- Transfer Orders
- Bills Of Material
- BOM Calculations
- BOM Overview
- Create Simple BOMs
- Creating BOMs with Versions
- Report a BOM as Finished
- Reports and Other BOM Functionality
- Sales Orders and BOMs
- Scrap and Measurement
- Working with BOM and Item Configurations
Microsoft - Dynamics AX 2009 Trade & Logistics - Exam Track
This course will prepare you for, and test you on exam MB6-817.
Microsoft - Dynamics AX 2009 Trade & Logistics - What's Included
With Firebrand, you benefit from top-quality education in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so you can focus solely on your studies and certification goals.
You’ll get a robust set of course materials that cater to each of our three key individual learning styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactile) - critical for a successful learning experience.
And there's more. Along with daily lectures, exercises, and review sessions, you’ll also get:
Our Certification Programs include*
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive study materials and courseware - we adapt official curriculum to address the demands of accelerated learners
- Self-testing software and/or mock exam papers
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Exam vouchers
- On site testing
- Accommodation, all meals, drinks and snacks
- Our Certification Guarantee - because we're sure you'll pass first time, if don’t pass your exams, come back to the course within a year and you only pay for accommodation and exam vouchers - everything else is free
* Please note:
- Our ISC(2) Cissp CBK Review program differs from normal course delivery. For more details, speak to us on 080 80 800 888.
- Exam vouchers for our (ISC)2 certifications need to be purchased directly from (ISC)2
- On site testing is not included in our Scrum, ISACA or PMI certifications
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
Microsoft - Dynamics AX 2009 Trade & Logistics - Prerequisites
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 for basic processing
We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.