Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
New to IT? Get your Microsoft MCDST and CompTIA A+/N+ in one shot and save over 33% on list price. Call us on 080 80 800 888 for details.
Our five-day Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) Accelerated Certification Program is designed for individuals who require the skills to successfully support end users and to successfully troubleshoot desktop environments running on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
The MCDST certification covers the skills of help desk technician, customer support representative, PC support specialist, technical support representative, and technical support specialists as defined by the National Workforce Center for Emerging Technologies Skill Standards for Information Technology and other research worldwide.
Our MCDST Accelerated Certification Program:
- Allows you to achieve your MCDST certification in a fraction of the time of 'traditional training' while delivering industry-leading exam passing percentages
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory
Microsoft - Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) - Benefits
For IT managers, certification is particularly important because it allows them to more easily identify the skills that an individual possesses. When a company has employees that possess certain skills, it can garner a competitive advantage when seeking to attract customers. Certification can also contribute to increased productivity, because studies have shown that certified individuals are generally quicker to implement and design new technologies. And of course by knowing that their employees are certified, IT managers can feel more confident about their ability to implement and support a network infrastructure.
The IT industry, your employer, clients, and peers will recognize your MCDST credential as a symbol of the skills and knowledge you have gained. Microsoft certification demonstrates that you have the ability to successfully support Microsoft business solutions for your organization or client.
Candidates who earn the MCDST certification receive a Welcome Kit containing a wallet card, certificate, and MCDST logo that enable you to identify your MCDST status to colleagues or clients. In addition, MCDSTs receive:
- Access through the MCP Member Site to technical and product information directly from Microsoft.
- Access through the MCP Member Site to exclusive discounts on products and services from selected companies.
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences, technical training sessions, and special events.
- Access to new security-enhanced content on Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online.
Our approach is highly varied and interactive to keep your attention, promote teamwork, and reinforce knowledge gained through hands-on learning.
Be Immersed into a distraction-free environment - escaping your normal routine and focusing purely on learning.
Experience Accelerated Learning methods – designed to help you learn much more quickly, spend less time out of the office, and see returns from your investment straight away.
Be Measured through on-site exam testing - creating a complete feedback loop that ensures you understand the subject thoroughly.
With Firebrand Training, you will learn more.
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes. Firebrand Training provides a guarantee of obtaining certification at the camp, but does not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification.
Microsoft - Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) - Curriculum
Firebrand Training's MCDST Accelerated Certification Program is the most effective, efficient way to learn how to successfully support end users and to successfully troubleshoot desktop environments running on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Students attending this blended-learning program will receive a robust set of course materials that caters to each of the three primary individual learning-intake styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactual) - critical for a successful accelerated learning experience.
Daily lectures, labs, and review sessions are supplemented by a combination of:
- Proprietary Lab Manual & Microsoft Courseware - developed in conjunction with Microsoft, adapting Microsoft Official Curriculum to address the demands of accelerated learners
- Self Test or Transcender Testing Software
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technicians (MCDST) candidates are required to pass two Microsoft certification exams that provide a valid and reliable measure of technical proficiency and expertise.
Firebrand Training has an aggressive educational schedule that thoroughly covers all essential elements necessary to become a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST).
- Supporting Users Running the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System - Exam 70-271
- Supporting Users Running Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System - Exam 70-272
Firebrand Training delivers a wholly-integrated curriculum that, while minimizing redundancy, provides students with a comprehensive, real-world competency in the following topic area:
- Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
- Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
Microsoft - Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) - Exam Track
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) candidates are required to pass the following examination as prescribed by our examination track.
Client Operating System Exams
- 70-271 - Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
- 70-272 - Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
Credit Toward Certification
When you pass either of the above examinations, you will achieved Microsoft Certified Professional status. You also earn credit toward the following certification.
- Core credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 certification
Microsoft - Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) - What's Included
With Firebrand, you benefit from top-quality education in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so you can focus solely on your studies and certification goals.
You’ll get a robust set of course materials that cater to each of our three key individual learning styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactile) - critical for a successful learning experience.
And there's more. Along with daily lectures, exercises, and review sessions, you’ll also get:
Our Certification Programs include*
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive study materials and courseware - we adapt official curriculum to address the demands of accelerated learners
- Self-testing software and/or mock exam papers
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Exam vouchers
- On site testing
- Accommodation, all meals, drinks and snacks
- Our Certification Guarantee - because we're sure you'll pass first time, if don’t pass your exams, come back to the course within a year and you only pay for accommodation and exam vouchers - everything else is free
* Please note:
- Our ISC(2) Cissp CBK Review program differs from normal course delivery. For more details, speak to us on 080 80 800 888.
- Exam vouchers for our (ISC)2 certifications need to be purchased directly from (ISC)2
- On site testing is not included in our Scrum, ISACA or PMI certifications
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
Microsoft - Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) - Prerequisites
The MCDST certification covers the skills of help desk technician, customer support representative, PC support specialist, technical support representative, and technical support specialists as defined by the National Workforce Centre for Emerging Technologies Skill Standards for Information Technology and other research worldwide.
The MCDST credential is for IT professionals working in the typically complex computing environment of small, medium, or large organizations. An MCDST candidate should have 6-12 months of experience supporting end users of a desktop operating system.We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.