Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
Our seven-day Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) program is appropriate for professionals who use Microsoft technologies to develop and maintain department-level applications, components, Web or desktop clients, or back-end data services or work in teams developing enterprise applications.
The Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) for Microsoft .NET 1.1 credential is aimed at developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and the .NET Framework to develop, deploy, and maintain department-level applications and components for Microsoft Windows and the Web. These developers also build enterprise solutions incorporating data services and XML Web services.
The MCAD Certification validates job roles that include tasks such as building, testing, and supporting Windows and Web applications built on the Microsoft .NET 1.1 Framework, and .NET connected applications and services. Individuals working in this job role typically have at least one to two years of relevant work experience. The MCAD certification is appropriate for programmers, software analysts, and software developers.
To earn the MCAD credential, candidates are expected to have one to two years of relevant work experience or the equivalent in these functions. Typical job titles include programmer, program manager, and software applications specialist. As a MCAD for Microsoft .NET candidate, you will be required to pass two core exams and one elective exam in your area of specialization.
Microsoft - Certified Application Developer (MCAD) - Benefits
Reasons for Microsoft MCAD certification include career advancement, personal improvement, skills enhancement, and higher salaries. Certification garners industry recognition of your knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft most current products and technologies.
Technical certification is a sound investment in your career. Although certification does not guarantee success, research has shown that it can have a significant impact on:
- Morale and confidence
- Efficiency and productivity on the job
- Monetary rewards
- Career advancement
Our approach is highly varied and interactive to keep your attention, promote teamwork, and reinforce knowledge gained through hands-on learning.
Be Immersed into a distraction-free environment - escaping your normal routine and focusing purely on learning.
Experience Accelerated Learning methods – designed to help you learn much more quickly, spend less time out of the office, and see returns from your investment straight away.
Be Measured through on-site exam testing - creating a complete feedback loop that ensures you understand the subject thoroughly.
With Firebrand Training, you will learn more.
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes. Firebrand Training provides a guarantee of obtaining certification at the camp, but does not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification.
Microsoft - Certified Application Developer (MCAD) - Curriculum
- Microsoft Windows based Application Development
- Microsoft ASP.NET Application Development
- Developing Component-Based Applications Using Microsoft .NET Enterprise Services
Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (70-306)
Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (70-316)
Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (70-305)
Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (70-315)
Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework (70-310)
Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework (70-320)
Microsoft - Certified Application Developer (MCAD) - Exam Track
Certification candidates must pass three or more certification exams to earn MCAD certification. The exams provide a valid and reliable measure of technical proficiency and expertise.
Web Application Development
- Exam 70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
- Exam 70-315 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
Windows Application Development
- Exam 70-306 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Exam 70-316 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio
Web Services and Server Components
- Exam 70-310 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Exam 70-320 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework
Microsoft - Certified Application Developer (MCAD) - What's Included
With Firebrand, you benefit from top-quality education in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so you can focus solely on your studies and certification goals.
You’ll get a robust set of course materials that cater to each of our three key individual learning styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactile) - critical for a successful learning experience.
And there's more. Along with daily lectures, exercises, and review sessions, you’ll also get:
Our Certification Programs include*
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive study materials and courseware - we adapt official curriculum to address the demands of accelerated learners
- Self-testing software and/or mock exam papers
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Exam vouchers
- On site testing
- Accommodation, all meals, drinks and snacks
- Our Certification Guarantee - because we're sure you'll pass first time, if don’t pass your exams, come back to the course within a year and you only pay for accommodation and exam vouchers - everything else is free
* Please note:
- Our ISC(2) Cissp CBK Review program differs from normal course delivery. For more details, speak to us on 080 80 800 888.
- Exam vouchers for our (ISC)2 certifications need to be purchased directly from (ISC)2
- On site testing is not included in our Scrum, ISACA or PMI certifications
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
Microsoft - Certified Application Developer (MCAD) - Prerequisites
Suggested Experience (VB and C# Tracks)
All MCAD candidate should have at least one year of work experience developing and/or maintaining department-level applications, components, Web or desktop clients, or back-end data services.
Some basic knowledge of .NET, for example: 'Have installed Visual Studio .NET and become familiarised with it over the course of a week.', and/or, 'Have used Visual Studio (Visual Interdev) to create components using ASP, C# or VB Script'
Visual Basic Track
VB 5 or 6 experience including creating and using classes to build Windows based, Web based, or component based applications.
Alternative knowledge in a different object-oriented language is also acceptable, but some Visual Basic (not VBA) coding experience is advisable.
For developers intending to sit the C# exams, you must be competent with
the C# language syntax before attending the course. In addition practical knowledge of another object orientated language (such as C, C++ or Java) if the candidate does not have hands-on experience with C#.We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.