The goal of this four (4) day accelerated course is to teach students a base-line technical knowledge of RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification technology) for different career roles. Successful students will have mastered the fundamental knowledge and skills required to work in a RFID using environment. These foundational skills include basic knowledge of interrogation zone basics, testing, troubleshooting and design selection.
Those holding CompTIA RFID+ certification can demonstrate knowledge and competency to perform installation, configuration and maintenance of RFID hardware and device software, site surveys/site analysis or tag selection, placement and testing.
Our CompTIA RFID+ Certification Program
- Allows you to achieve your certifications in a fraction of the time of 'traditional training' while delivering industry-leading exam passing percentages
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory
CompTIA - RFID+ Certification - Benefits
Having proof of your skills and knowledge gives you the edge over other candidates when applying for a job. Here are some additional benefits of earning CompTIA RFID+:
- Independent validation of achievement of a level of competency accepted and valued by the industry
- Proven understanding of fundamental RFID-related practices
- Increased knowledge, leading to increased job satisfaction
- Well-defined career path, leading to higher level certifications
- Proof of transferable skills and a solid credential, which make you more marketable
- Vendor neutral certification
What CompTIA RFID+ Can do for Your Company
Certification provides companies with skilled employees, leading to:
- Maximized efficiencies in recruiting, hiring, training and promoting employees
- Operational improvements and greater efficiencies organization-wide
- Creation of best practices and uniform RFID processes across all industries
- Increased productivity as certified professionals are able to perform at accepted industry standards
Who Should Earn a RFID+ Certification?
RFID job-role certification is important for all types of IT professionals, from career changers and business professionals to experienced and certified IT professionals who want to be involved in the latest technology for the shipping industry.
RFID+ certification is an excellent way to enter the IT industry because vendor-neutral skill certifications address the roles and responsibilities of a specific position. RFID+ focuses on industry standards, and leading hardware and software technologies.
A RFID certification demonstrates knowledge of industry standards, best practices, and leading hardware and software technology. Taking the time to learn new IT concepts shows a commitment to keep pace with today's technology-driven economy, to better understand a customer's business, and to become more self-sufficient by better understanding the technology on which almost every professional relies.
Experienced and certified IT professionals
If an experienced IT professional does not already have a widely recognized certification, he or she should earn a certification to show current or potential employers a measurement of their skills and expertise. Those who hold certifications other than RFID+ can benefit from RFID+ certification by demonstrating an understanding of multiple and vendor-neutral skills, and knowledge of industry standards and best practices.Other training providers rely heavily on lecture, self-testing and self-study.
Our approach is highly varied and interactive to keep your attention, promote teamwork, and reinforce knowledge gained through hands-on learning.
Be Immersed into a distraction-free environment - escaping your normal routine and focusing purely on learning.
Experience Accelerated Learning methods – designed to help you learn much more quickly, spend less time out of the office, and see returns from your investment straight away.
Be Measured through on-site exam testing - creating a complete feedback loop that ensures you understand the subject thoroughly.
With Firebrand Training, you will learn more.
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes. Firebrand Training provides a guarantee of obtaining certification at the camp, but does not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification.
CompTIA - RFID+ Certification - Curriculum
Students attending this blended-learning program will receive a robust set of course materials that caters to each of the three primary individual learning-intake styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactual) - critical for a successful accelerated learning experience.
Daily lectures, labs, and review sessions are supplemented by a combination of:
- Proprietary Lab Manual & Program Courseware - developed to address the unique demands of accelerated learners
- Self Test Testing Software
Firebrand Training has an aggressive educational schedule that thoroughly covers all essential elements necessary to attain the CompTIA RFID+ Certification during the program.
- RFID basics, Tags and Readers
- Testing & Troubleshooting of RFID Systems, RF in RFID
- RFID Systems Installation, Regulations, Standards and Mandates, Practice
- RFID+ Certification Exam
Course program in detail
Interrogation zone basics
- Describe interrogator functionality
- I/O capability
- Hand-held interrogators
- Vehicle mount interrogator
- LAN/Serial communications
- Firmware upgrades
- Software operation (GUIs)
- Describe configuration of interrogation zones
- Explain interrogator to interrogator interference
- System performance and tuning
- Travel speed and direction
- Bi-static / monostatic antennas
- Define anti-collision protocols (e.g., number of tags in the field/response time)
- Given a scenario, solve dense interrogator environment issues (domestic/international)
- Understand how a dense interrogator installation is going to affect network traffic
- Installation of multiple interrogators, (e.g., dock doors, synchronization of multiple interrogators, antenna footprints)
Testing and Troubleshooting
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot RF interrogation zones (e.g., root-cause analysis)
- Analyze less than required read rate
- Identify improperly tagged items
- Diagnose hardware
- Recognize need for firmware upgrades
- Equipment replacement procedures (e.g., antenna, cable, interrogator)
- Identify reasons for tag failure
- Failed tag management
- ESD issues
- Given a scenario, contrast actual tag data to expected tag data
Standards and Regulations
- Given a scenario, map user requirements to standards
- Regulations, standards that impact the design of a particular RFID solution
- Identify the differences between air interface protocols and tag data formats
- Recognize regulatory requirements globally and by region (keep at high level, not specific requirements -- may use scenarios)
- Recognize safety regulations/issues regarding human exposure
- Classify tag types
- Select the RFID tag best suited for a specific use case.
- Pros and cons of tag types
- Tag performance
- Tag antenna to region/frequency
- Identify inductively coupled tags vs. back-scatter
- Identify the differences between active and passive
- Given a scenario, select the optimal locations for an RFID tag to be placed on an item.
- Evaluate media and adhesive selection for tags
- Tag orientation and location
- Tag stacking (shadowing)
- Package contents
- Given a scenario, predict the performance of a given frequency and power (active/passive) as it relates to: read distance, write distance, tag response time, storage capacity
- Summarize how hardware selection affects performance (may use scenarios)
- Antenna type
- Equipment mounting and protection
- Cable length/loss
- Interference considerations
- Tag type (e.g., active, passive, frequency)
- Given a scenario, describe hardware installation using industry standard practices
- Identify grounding considerations (e.g., lightning, ground loops, ESD)
- Test installed equipment and connections (pre-install and post-install)
- Given a scenario, interpret a site diagram created by a RFID architect describing interrogation zone locations, cable drops, device mounting locations
Site Analysis (i.e., before, during and after installation)
- Given a scenario, demonstrate how to read blueprints (e.g., whole infrastructure)
- Determine sources of interference
- Use analysis equipment such as a spectrum analyzer, determine if there is any ambient noise in the frequency range that may conflict with the RFID system to be installed
- Given a scenario, analyze environmental conditions end-to-end
- Identify RF propagation/communication techniques
- Describe antenna field performance/characteristics as it relates to reflective and absorptive materials (may use scenarios)
- Given a scenario, calculate radiated power output from antenna based on antenna gains, cable type, cable length, interrogator transmit power (include formulas in scenario)
- Describe installation and configuration of RFID printer (may use scenarios)
- Describe ancillary devices/concepts
- RFID printer encoder
- Automated label applicator
- Feedback systems (e.g., lights, horns)
CompTIA - RFID+ Certification - Exam Track
- Interrogation Zone Basics 13% of examination
- Testing and Troubleshooting 13% of examination
- Standards and Regulations 12% of examination
- Tag Knowledge 11% of examination
- Design Selection 11% of examination
- Installation 11% of examination
- Site Analysis (ie. Before, during and after installation) 11% of examination
- RF Physics 11% of examination
- RFID Peripherals 7% of examination
CompTIA - RFID+ Certification - What's Included
With Firebrand, you benefit from top-quality education in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so you can focus solely on your studies and certification goals.
You’ll get a robust set of course materials that cater to each of our three key individual learning styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactile) - critical for a successful learning experience.
And there's more. Along with daily lectures, exercises, and review sessions, you’ll also get:
Our Certification Programs include*
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive study materials and courseware - we adapt official curriculum to address the demands of accelerated learners
- Self-testing software and/or mock exam papers
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Exam vouchers
- On site testing
- Accommodation, all meals, drinks and snacks
- Our Certification Guarantee - because we're sure you'll pass first time, if don’t pass your exams, come back to the course within a year and you only pay for accommodation and exam vouchers - everything else is free
* Please note:
- Our ISC(2) Cissp CBK Review program differs from normal course delivery. For more details, speak to us on 080 80 800 888.
- Exam vouchers for our (ISC)2 certifications need to be purchased directly from (ISC)2
- On site testing is not included in our Scrum, ISACA or PMI certifications
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
CompTIA - RFID+ Certification - Prerequisites
Students who are successful in the the CompTIA RFID+ Certification Firebrand Training should possess:
- 6-24 months of experience in the RFID industry
- Foundational RFID knowledge
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.
Other Electrical courses