New to IT? Get your CompTIA A+/N+ and Microsoft MCDST in one shot and save over 33% on list price. Call us on 080 80 800 888 for details.
The goal of this
accelerated bootcamp-style course is to provide
professionals with the basic hardware, software, and
networking skills necessary to function in an variety
of information technology positions
The CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification is the premier
accreditation that validates the skills required to
excel in the role of a computer technician or support
professional. The CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification demonstrates
that an individual possesses the knowledge and skills
necessary to configure and operate a variety of
Combined, the A+ and Network+ certifications are
backed by major computer hardware and software
vendors, distributors, resellers and publications.
Firebrand Training's program for the CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification affords students the ability to live,
learn, and take the actual CompTIA exams on-site at
our education centres in the UK and Europe.
Our program is delivered in a distraction-free,
immersed environment with on-site, modern
accommodation - utilising a curriculum adapted
specifically for accelerated learning. Our instructors
are cross-certified industry professionals (ranging
from renowned authors to senior information technology
consultants) with extensive real-world knowledge that
is effectively relayed throughout the program.
are available at all times to provide individual and
group attention, lead lab exercises and practice
sessions, and ensure the students success. Our
attention to detail shows in our unsurpassed
instruction and customer service, our classroom and
testing facilities, and our individual and corporate
From the skilful crafting of our unique curriculum to our
careful selection of courseware to every detail of
your training comfort, Firebrand Training is the best
way to obtain your CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification. Other training
providers cannot match our commitment to quality
instruction-led training and top-notch educational
CompTIA - A+/Network+ Certification - Benefits
The CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification is an internationally
recognised certification that teaches hardware and software skills.
It is developed directly from the CompTIA A+ and reflects the type of skills that are needed to excel in the role of a
Desktop Support Professional.
Network+ certification proves that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to install, manage and troubleshoot a variety of networks on any platform.
Reasons for CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification include
career advancement, personal improvement, skills
enhancement, and higher salaries.
- CompTIA Certifications tend to lead to higher wages.
- Increased customer satisfaction and decreased support costs through improved service, increased productivity and greater technical self-sufficiency.
- Excellent return on training and certification investments by providing a standard method of determining training needs and measuring results.
- Reliable benchmark for hiring, promoting and career planning.
- Recognition and rewards for productive employees by validating their expertise.
Our primary goal is your education. Firebrand Training provides thorough instructor-led training to ensure that you learn the fundamentals, obtain hands-on skills, and earn your CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification. You will emerge able to immediately apply your new knowledge in your career environment.
Other training providers rely heavily on lecture, self-testing and self-study.
Our approach is highly varied and interactive to keep your attention, promote teamwork, and reinforce knowledge gained through hands-on learning.
Be Immersed into a distraction-free environment - escaping your normal routine and focusing purely on learning.
Experience Accelerated Learning methods – designed to help you learn much more quickly, spend less time out of the office, and see returns from your investment straight away.
Be Measured through on-site exam testing - creating a complete feedback loop that ensures you understand the subject thoroughly.
With Firebrand Training, you will learn more.
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes. Firebrand Training provides a guarantee of obtaining certification at the camp, but does not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification.
CompTIA - A+/Network+ Certification - Curriculum
Firebrand Training provides thorough instructor-led training to ensure that you learn the fundamentals, obtain hands-on skills and earn your certification. You will emerge able to immediately apply your new knowledge in your career environment.
CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification 7-Day Camp Training Schedule
Firebrand Training has an aggressive educational schedule that thoroughly covers all essential elements necessary for CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification.
- Computer Components
- Laptop Components
- Printers and Scanners
- Essential CompTIA Exam 220-601
Elective Exam Review and Test students will have a choice of the following tracks/exam:
- IT Technician CompTIA Exam 220-602
- Remote Support Technician CompTIA Exam 220-603
- Depot Technician CompTIA Exam 220-604
- LAN Topologies
- WAN Technologies
- CompTIA NET+ Exam: N10-006 / JK0-016
CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification Courseware
Firebrand Training uses CompTIA courseware for the highest standard training of A+
and Network+ certified professionals. Each delegate will be provided with comprehensive course manuals which will become a useful post course support aid.
Through lecture, group discussion, and lab work, you will learn the following concepts and skills:
Installation, configuration, and upgrading
Motherboard, processors, and memory
Printers and portable computers
Diagnosis and troubleshooting
Basic networking and telecommunications
Safety and preventive maintenance
Operating System Technologies
Fundamentalsincluding structure and functions
for Windows 2000/XP
File, directory, and disk management
Installation, configuration, and upgrading
Application device drivers and Windows-based utilities
Diagnosis and troubleshooting
Internet access and network connectivity
1.0 Network Technologies
- 1.1 Explain the function of common networking protocols
- 1.2 Identify commonly used TCP and UDP default ports
- 1.3 Identify the following address formats
- 1.4 Given a scenario, evaluate the proper use of the following addressing
- 1.5 Identify common IPv4 and IPv6 routing protocols
- 1.6 Explain the purpose and properties of routing
- 1.7 Compare the characteristics of wireless communication standards
2.0 Network Media and Topologies
- 2.1 Categorize standard cable types and their properties
- 2.2 Identify common connector types
- 2.3 Identify common physical network topologies
- 2.4 Given a scenario, differentiate and implement appropriate wiring standards
- 2.5 Categorize WAN technology types and properties
- 2.6 Categorize LAN technology types and properties
- 2.7 Explain common logical network topologies and their characteristics
- 2.8 Install components of wiring distribution
3.0 Network Devices
- 3.1 Install, configure and differentiate between common network devices
- 3.2 Identify the functions of specialized network devices
- 3.3 Explain the advanced features of a switch
- 3.4 Implement a basic wireless network
4.0 Network Management
- 4.1 Explain the function of each layer of the OSI model
- 4.2 Identify types of configuration management documentation
- 4.3 Given a scenario, evaluate the network based on configuration management
- 4.4 Conduct network monitoring to identify performance and connectivity issues
- 4.5 Explain different methods and rationales for network performance
- 4.6 Given a scenario, implement the following network troubleshooting
- 4.7 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common connectivity issues and select an
5.0 Network Tools
- 5.1 Given a scenario, select the appropriate command line interface tool and
- 5.2 Explain the purpose of network scanners
- 5.3 Given a scenario, utilize the appropriate hardware tools
6.0 Network Security
- 6.1 Explain the function of hardware and software security devices
- 6.2 Explain common features of a firewall
- 6.3 Explain the methods of network access security
- 6.4 Explain methods of user authentication
- 6.5 Explain issues that affect device security
- 6.6 Identify common security threats and mitigation techniques
CompTIA - A+/Network+ Certification - Exam Track
The CompTIA A+ Certification consists of the exam 220-601 and
1 elective one:
- IT Technician Exam 220-602
- Remote Support Technician Exam 220-603
- Depot Technician Exam 220-604
The CompTIA Network+ Certification consists of:
- CompTIA Network+ Exam 2009: N10-004
- CompTIA Network+ Exam: JK0-016
The objectives are in two distinct groups: Knowledge of Networking Technology and Knowledge
of Networking Practices. The exam consists of 65 to 100 questions and a maximum allowable time of
Industry acceptance -
CompTIA - A+/Network+ Certification - What's Included
With Firebrand, you benefit from top-quality education in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so you can focus solely on your studies and certification goals.
You’ll get a robust set of course materials that cater to each of our three key individual learning styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactile) - critical for a successful learning experience.
And there's more. Along with daily lectures, exercises, and review sessions, you’ll also get:
Our Certification Programs include*
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive study materials and courseware - we adapt official curriculum to address the demands of accelerated learners
- Self-testing software and/or mock exam papers
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Exam vouchers
- On site testing
- Accommodation, all meals, drinks and snacks
- Our Certification Guarantee - because we're sure you'll pass first time, if don’t pass your exams, come back to the course within a year and you only pay for accommodation and exam vouchers - everything else is free
* Please note:
- Our ISC(2) Cissp CBK Review program differs from normal course delivery. For more details, speak to us on 080 80 800 888.
- Exam vouchers for our (ISC)2 certifications need to be purchased directly from (ISC)2
- On site testing is not included in our Scrum, ISACA or PMI certifications
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
CompTIA - A+/Network+ Certification - Prerequisites
Students who are successful in the CompTIA A+/Network+ Certification course should possess:
- Experience building a computer and setting up devices in Windows OS
- Knowledge of how to set up and understands home networks (ISP connections)
- Be familiar with the Windows desktop Environment (Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP)
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.