Plumbing, Bathroom Fitting and Heating systems, City & Guilds Level 2
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for people who have no previous experience and wish to learn advanced domestic plumbing and be confident using the skills and also who wish to achieve a city & guilds unit certificate. The course is a mixture of practical and theory based and you will have your own training bay and tools in which to complete your training.
Stoke on Trent: 13th June, 11th July, 8th August, 5th September, 3rd October, 31st October, 28th November.
Wolverhampton: 27th June, 25th July, 22nd August, 19th September, 17th October, 14th November.
Saturday Courses due to commence 3rd September. 2011
Course Objectives and Certification.
We aim to build on the skills you have already acquired and you will learn more advanced techniques. Upon completion you will receive a Guild of Master Craftsmen certificate of competence. You will also be assessed for unit certificates issued by City & Guilds: Level 2 in Basic Construction Skills 6218-204
You will complete the following units.
* Install a fully operational bathroom suite comprising of a bath, basin and w/c, using copper pipe and end feed fittings.
* Install a fully operational bathroom suite comprising of a bath, basin and w/c, using speedfit pipe and fittings.
* Use compression fittings and flexi hoses within an installation.
* Pipe bending.
* How to install a washing machine and a dishwasher.
* How to fit an outside tap.
* How to fit different showers.
* Repairing faulty taps.
* Repairing Cisterns.
* Domestic plumbing systems
* Layout and design of domestic drainage systems. .
* Removal and re-fitting radiators / towel radiators.
* Draining and filling a system.
* Understanding fittings, traps, waste products, etc. and their suitable uses, terminology and jargon used.
* Understanding the different methods used to price jobs, dealing with customers and overcoming problems that may arise.
* You will also be provided with support after completing your course and you are able to contact your tutor, email or call into the training centre to discuss your queries.
* Complete City & Guilds assessment
Basic Central Heating including:
* Understanding different systems, open vented, sealed systems. Gravity, hot water and pumped heating. Summer valve system, Y-plan system and S-plan system. Combination and condensing boilers.
* Identify and understand the operation of the integral parts of a central heating system.
* Plan out and INSTALL a heating system such as Y-plan / S-plan.
* Fault finding and repairs of a central heating system such as pump replacement.
* Maintenance of a central heating system.
* Draining, filling and pressurise a system.
Duration and Cost.
10 Days in duration with supporting notes to revise as home study. The course will run from Monday to Friday for 2 weeks. Each day is from 9am until 5pm , please arrive at the training centre for 8:45 for a prompt 9am start. PLEASE NOTE: The courses held in Wolverhampton now start at 8am until 4pm to avoid traffic.
This Training Course is offered "in house" at the following locations:
Guide Price: £750