BSC Awards Level 2 Certificate in DSE Risk Assessment
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 require employers to assess both the workstation and the working environment of employees who regularly use computer workstations. The Level 2 Certificate in DSE Risk Assessment provides formal recognition of an individual’s ability to undertake a DSE risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive’s guidance to the regulations.
A nationally-recognised, transferable qualification based on the Health and Safety Executive's guidance to the regulations.
Allows employers to get more of their staff properly qualified to carry out DSE risk assessments, helping them to meet their legal obligations.
Up-to-date and practical training, supplemented with completely new learning materials and specially developed interactive learning sessions.
A fit for purpose assessment task related directly to the candidate’s workplace, testing the application of learning in a practical context.
Our training utilises the very latest learning methods, with special emphasis on participative and interactive techniques. Overall, the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience and, through tutor-led sessions, build on that experience so that every participant is able to manage risk assessment effectively and realistically.
The training sets out to develop sound and practical knowledge and understanding for day-to-day application in the workplace and prepares each participant for the Level 2 qualification assessment.
• Reasons for Conducting DSE Risk Assessments
• Main Legislation Relating to DSE Risk Assessment
• Competencies Required of DSE Risk Assessors
• Health Effects Relating to DSE Use
• Main Causes of Ill-Health Relating to DSE Use
• Principles and Benefits of Good Ergonomic Design
• Minimum Requirements for Workstations
• Recording the Findings of a DSE Risk Assessment
• Making Recommendations Based on the Findings
• Reviewing and Revising a DSE Risk Assessment
Duration: One day (Followed by formal assessment)
This Training Course is taught in classrooms in the following locations:
Guide Price: £225
Other DSE/VDU courses