BSC Awards – Level 2 Certificate in COSHH Risk Assessment
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) require employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill-health. The Level 2 Certificate in COSHH Risk Assessment provides formal recognition of an individual’s ability to undertake a COSHH risk assessment in line with the Health and Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice.
A nationally-recognised, transferable qualification based on the Health and Safety Executive's guidance to the regulations.
Allows employers to get more of their staff properly qualified to carry out COSHH risk assessments, helping them to meet their legal obligations.
Up-to-date and practical training, supplemented with completely new learning materials and specially developed interactive learning sessions.
A fit for purpose assessment task related directly to the candidate’s workplace, testing the application of learning in a practical context.
Our training utilises the very latest learning methods, with special emphasis on participative and interactive techniques. Overall, the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience and, through tutor-led sessions, build on that experience so that every participant is able to manage risk assessment effectively and realistically.
The training sets out to develop sound and practical knowledge and understanding for day-to-day application in the workplace and prepares each participant for the Level 2 qualification assessment.
• Reasons for Conducting COSHH Risk Assessments
• Main Legislation Relating to COSHH Risk Assessment
• Competencies Required of COSHH Risk Assessors
• Hazardous Substances and their Effects on the Body
• Main Classifications for Hazardous Substances
• Interpreting Information from Safety Data Sheets
• Use of Workplace Exposure Limits
• Factors Affecting Assessment of Risk
• Risk Control Strategies
• Recording the Findings of a COSHH Risk Assessment
• Making Recommendations Based on the Findings
• Reviewing and Revising a COSHH Risk Assessment
Duration: One day
(Followed by formal assessment)
This Training Course is taught in classrooms in the following locations:
Guide Price: £225