Data Warehousing Fundamentals
Summary: This dimensional modelling techniques course is designed to answer questions, such as the following:
- What is data warehousing?
- What is a data mart?
- What are the data modelling options?
- What is Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)?
- What are the terms and concepts specific to data warehousing and OLAP design?
- How to plan and implement a data warehouse with high availability, simplified manageability and optimal performance
- What are common statistics, analytic and OLAP SQL queries?
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to design a data warehouse using both star and snowflake schemas. And the delegate should understand the implication of such terms as cubes, dimensions, attributes, joins, hierarchies, measures, etc.
Features: Dimensional modelling per Ralph Kimball.
Platform: Multi-platform: DB2 for z/OS, DB2 for Linux/UNIX/Windows, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, etc.
Duration: 3 days.
Audience: Would-be data warehouse architects, IT developers, database administrators or anyone responsible for a data warehouse or related discipline.
Prerequisites: At least six (6) months in a relational database environment.
This Training Course is taught in classrooms in the following locations:
Guide Price: GBP1,195+VAT