Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Installation - FETAC Level 5 CCTV
The courses are designed to give participants a practical knowledge of various aspects of CCTV. Three CCTV courses are available including “Preliminary Electronic Security” designed to give people who have no previous electrical or electronics experience the prerequisite knowledge and skills required to attend the “CCTV Installation” course in addition to providing them with a flavour of what CCTV is all about. The “CCTV Installation” FETAC Level 5 course gives participants
more in depth knowledge and practical skills. For more advanced applications, the “Digital CCTV & Remote Access” course focuses on integrating CCTV with computers, IP and modern communications technologies.
The courses can benefit people either working or intending to work as a: - Security Manager, Security Supervisor, Security Guard, CCTV Control Room Employee, CCTV Sales Person, CCTV Protected Premises Owner/Manager, Potential CCTV Purchaser/Advisor, CCTV System Maintenance Employee, CCTV Installer, CCTV Specifier. They can also benefit people with technical experience who need to upgrade their skill levels and qualifications such as:- Alarm Installers, Cable Installation Personnel, Electricians, Fitters, Technicians, etc. OR anyone just wishing to improve their knowledge of CCTV
Aim: - This CCTV course is designed to give participants a practical knowledge of the operation and installation of CCTV systems at a foundation level.
1. On completion of the CCTV Installation Course, having been successful in TWO examinations (one written, one practical) the participant will receive a Hi-Tech
2. On completion of the Course and successfully completing 1 written examination and a number of FETAC specified practical assessments, the
participant will receive the FETAC - Level 5 Award – CCTV & Lighting (C20160)
Duration: - 24 hours (8 x 3 hour training sessions). Additional time may be allocated if necessary. Classes will be held in comfortable
Learning Objectives: -
• Understand the fundamental elements that make up a CCTV System.
• Set up a Camera.
• Set up a Monitor.
• Set up Switches.
• Set up Quads.
• Set up Multiplexers.
• Set up recording devices.
• Connect up and test system elements.
• Be aware of the issues associated with lighting and scene illumination.
• Adjust the Back Focus of a lens to prevent picture going out of focus from day to night.
• Be aware of the significance of the “Operational Requirement” and the Rotakin ® Test System
• Be aware of relevant standards and issues.
• Use a lens calculator to choose correct lens for particular application.
• Have an awareness of the changing technology and it’s impact on the industry.
Course Content: -
• CCTV Systems: – Introduction and uses.
• Elements of a basic CCTV system: - Camera, monitor and digital recorder.
• Camera types and uses: - Fixed and movable, indoor and outdoor, monochrome
and colour, day and night.
• Camera specifications: - Sensitivity, signal to noise ratio and resolution. Back
• Lens types: - Fixed and variable focal length, manual and motorised zoom.
Use of lens calculator.
• Scene illumination: - Lighting considerations, LED’s, infrared lamp maintenance
and bulb life.
• Switches, Quads, Multiplexers and control systems: - Types and applications.
• Monitors and Multiple screen displays.
• Recording the footage: - Analogue and Digital video recorders. Time-lapse recording.
Reviewing video footage.
• Cables and connectors: - Types, uses, limitations, preparation and testing.
• Introduction to Digital CCTV and IP technology
• Connection to other security systems.
• Use of test equipment including: - Multimeters, Oscilloscopes,
Light Meters, Pattern Generators and Cable Length Meters.
• Relevant standards, issues and the “Operational Requirement”.
• The Analogue or Digital option? Changing technology and keeping updated.
Practical “Hands-On” experience: - 50% approx.
This Training Course is taught in classrooms in the following locations:
Guide Price: €850
|Category:||CCTV Installation and Maintenance|
|Duration:||8 x 3 hour training sessions (over 4 days)|
|Qualification:||FETAC Level 5 - CCTV & Lighting|